For anyone who’s looking to toast Mom in style this weekend, there are a number of wineries offering special Mother’s Day deals for the woman, who like a fine wine, gets better with age. Many wineries welcome outside food so pack a picnic and prepare to sip and celebrate:
- Roses and Rosé at Phillip Carter Winery (5/11-5/12 in Hume, VA): All moms seated for this tasting will receive a long stem rose and signature chocolate. Reservations are strongly encouraged.
- Cupcakes and Wine at Willowcroft Farm Vineyards (5/11 in Leesburg, VA): For $12, moms get a tasting, cupcake and glass of wine.
- Wine and Chocolate at Keswick Vineyards (5/12 in Keswick, VA): For $5, moms get a rose and a wine tasting paired with local chocolates from Gearhart’s in Charlottesville. $10 for everyone else.
- Wine and Herbs at Doukenie Winery (5/12 in Purcellville, VA): Mom gets a complimentary herb of her choice with a tasting.
- Strawberry Shortcake and Wine at James River Cellars (5/12 in Glen Allen): Free tasting and strawberry shortcake for Mom.
- Mom’s Day Roses at Little Washington Winery (5/12 in Washington, VA): Moms have the choice of a free tasting or glass of Rosé
- Wine and Massage for Mom at Gadino Cellars (5/12 in Washington, VA): For $14, Mom gets a glass of wine and a chair massage from Journey’s Massage